Monday 18 March 2013

Note to self - must blog on other themes than Meal Planning Monday!


I'm officially full-term with this pregnancy and scheduled for a C-Section in a mere 10 days. I'm trying to wind down cooking (watch me hobble across the kitchen floor on crutches and you'll know why!) and I have 2 freezers which are stacked with easy-to-prepare food for both my sake and my husband's. (There are also lots of puddings in there.) Meanwhile I'm doing what I can, trying to incorporate fresh food where I can! Oh and we're still keeping things simple for Lent :-) Because of my mind & meals being a little mixed up over the past week, I've moved things around from my original monthly plan, so things are a bit different than usual, though probably not noticeable to outsiders!

Monday - Ploughmans dinner with freshly purchased baguette, cheeses, celery & other salad

Tuesday- Baked salmon fillet served with rice and garlic bread & broccoli

Wednesday- Bought-in prawn balti, tarka dahl and saag aloo served with rice and chapatis

Thursday- Roast chicken salad

Friday- Tortilla wraps with chicken, guacamole, salsa, soured cream & leaves 

Saturday- Greek meze with falafel, pitta, Greek salad, etc

Sunday-  Mixed grill that we didn't have last week because New Baby was demanding a dirty great curry

No comments:

Post a Comment