And for me, that matter! When I have to read the same facile Dora story every night it drives me mad - but the list below contains what I consider classics, and love to pull off the shelf and read with children of any age.
1) Anything by the Ahlbergs but especially Peepo and Each, Peach, Pear, Plum
2) Hairy MacClary - there's a whole series but this first remains the best in my opinion
3) The Big Orange Splot - metaphors of individuality, independence and freedom abound
4) The Seven Chinese Sisters - great for a 'larger' family!
5) The Pumpkin Soup trilogy
6) Eric Carle favourite's such as the Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Very Busy Spider, and Brown Bear, Brown Bear
7) Dear Zoo and the accompanying counting books
8) The Tiger who came to Tea - like the Ahlberg classics, this reminds me of an older England.
There are more but this is a good representation of our favourites!