Monday 10 June 2013

Meal Planning Monday 10 June


Well it's been a bit of a couple of weeks here at Cooking Towers - things got a bit crrrrazy with life so I took some prescription medication to slow things down and had a ridiculous adverse reaction including loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting! So suffice to say food has not been number on thing on my mind and I didn't post last Monday. Just trying to get back on top of things - got prescribed some anti-sickness drugs which I found out too late made me drowsy, so my brain is still a bit wonky! Once again, however, it makes me defend the humble menu plan, as there was always food on the table even if I didn't feel like eating it and the planned chicken & ham pie became chicken & chips because there's always leeway in my planning process. Thankfully. If you're still with me, here's this week's plan:

Meat Free Monday: Butternut squash soup with farmhouse loaf and slabs of cheese

Tuesday: Chicken Chasseur - if I'm up to trying this new recipe!

Wednesday: Spag Bol

Thursday: Chicken and Chips

Friday: Smoked Mackerel Salad

Saturday: Frozen Pizzas

Sunday: Have to have a think......when I feel up to it!

Edited to add: we are having a Mixed Grill on Sunday, with pork steak, sirloin steak, sausage, oven chips, grilled mushrooms, tomatoes, and peas. And cheesecake for dessert. Because it's Father's Day!

Join up with others at Mrs M's....

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I hope you are feeling better soon. I love chicken chasseur, it is so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe how well my chicken chasseur turned out, I just threw in some white wine, chicken stock and thyme and some leftover vegetables and it was delish. I would definitely do it again, maybe thickening the sauce with some flour. I figure the same recipe would do for coq au vin too, except with red wine!

      Delete
  2. I hope you're feeling better soon!!
    Everything sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling better by the day Kim, thanks for your message. It is so wonderful being able to appreciate the preparation, tasting and serving of food again, it's such a big part of me :-)

      Delete
  3. Poor thing - hope you feel better soon. Some lovely comforting sounding dishes on the menu which will hopefully help!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Seren - and hadn't really realised there was a lot of my typical comfort foods on there until you said. Golden orange butternut squash soup made with chicken stock just makes me feel better watching it! Looking forward to the spag bol too :-) (I even have a bit of fresh basil knocking about to add to the sauce I made today.)

      Delete